Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Difficult Monday

Hello The Sky-

I love you sky. You are big. You are so big that I can talk to you wherever I am and whenever I am and it's always cool. There's no one else like that. Not for me at least. Everyone is on the phone. Everyone is hissing about God. Everyone is nervously checking their wink portals as often as possible hoping that today is the day when the big wink comes and blinds them forever.

Today was tough. I was slow in the middle. "Be Southern," said a customer/messenger. "Do everything slowly, agree with everything." I did that as much as I could without the square hats getting ruffled. It was the best advice I received all day. I talked to myself quite a bit, but I don't receive things from me, I just am things from me.

Last night I chatted with P-Owl. We knew it was the time for a quick chat on the deeper levels, so that was done, and I am better for it. He described a pattern I fall into that causes me to get caught by birds. I've lost some skin and even had my possum organs pecked at by those loving, doting birds. What's to be done with their beaks? What would I think of them if I could fly without them? Would they still be the archetypal compliment companion? Would they still yin my yang?

I thought about what P-Owl said for much of this tough and tricky Monday. He sees the lines well from up in his tree, but down in the earth the story's a little different, more specific, and we possum's tell it in different words. One can't see too far ahead down here, so we learn General Fear of what is known to hurt. But I must go back. My home was destroyed some years back- golly, coming up on 9- and I ran off in a hurry, taking the biggest pieces I could carry. I salvaged some of it, and got some stuff in the post that looked about right, but to make things right I must return. I must gather. I must build. I must shrink that wrecking ball with my will power and when I'm done, if I like, I may sit in an armchair and use the tiny object to rest my possum feet.

In other terms, the dwelling of which I speak is 4 and I just did some 3 and it makes sense to do things in pairs that add up to 7. If you need details I have some. Not all, but since when do you have all the details? Tonight I passed a gas station that had a little tent called "Detail Island." Nice, eh?

What P-Owl made me realize is that the comfort of the sheetsand blankets only helps the solitary me. If I want to be With I'll have to be open, exposed. No time like the present, possum.

That brings me to you Sky. I may ask for your assistence. Journeys like these are always easier with a friend, and you've been my friend for years and years. Tonight you were particularly beautiful, but I've never seen you ugly. I've never seen trouble extend beyond your vastness.

Toss me some love Sky. Send water down to grow new true pure love in my heart- to erase the scratches and blots on all my future Mondays.

No comments: